Even if you are doing a live video, screen casting can still be helpful
Final is posted on BB
How to Screen Cast with Quicktime
- Open up quicktime player
- Nothing will pop up, but the toolbar is quicktime
- Go to file and you get 3 options: movie, audio, screen
- Go to screen recording, click red button
- Your screen will record
- Stop recording with button on top right of toolbar. It’s a dot
- Go to file, and save
- Select where to save to, and title
- Looks like an itunes file, just open it and voilà
Open imovie (if you do not have it, iCare can help)
- Click on the + button
- Click on new movie
- Select theme
- Title it
- Click on down arrow on the top of the window (import media)
- Import your video from left toolbar
- Edit your video with transitions, audio, text, etc.
- Save your imovie by highlighting video stream, drag it to the bottom window, then go to file-> share, select where/settings
- Click next, name video, there will be a circle in the right corner of imovie, when it is filled, video is saved.
********************Questions can be directed to iCare***************************
Emilie showed us how to record your face and screen simultaneously
- Select a background
- Click on the box above video preview
- In the left toolbar, select picture in picture
Play around and ask classmates for opinions!
Assignment sheet has Youtube log in for uploading videos. May make private if you want it to be.
- Bring reflections to class.
In Blackboard, go to assignments à final exam
- Red text is the new stuff
- Bundle 1 (midterm) add formative assessment
- You need to annotate your mentor text (i.e. this is an example of…)
****Make sure you have concepts and ideas from readings!!!!!
-Reflection for both tasks
-Midtermà discuss changes you made
-Must have a Works Cited with all 3 authors we’ve read!!!!!!!!!!!
– There’s a suggestive work schedule
– By April 26th, you should have a rough sketch of your final (No class)
– Conferences with Emilee that week
– Final is due on Tuesday of Finals Week
– Bring in a folder, Benko holds them until half of next semester.
- Video reflection on Tuesday (how your partner was and what you learned) does not need to exceed 2 pages, bring to class
- Twitter reflection 3 TBD
- Final Due May 3rd
Extra help with iMovie: